Bawat is looking for an experienced Commissioning Engineer
04 February 2021
Are you passionate about protecting the world’s oceans through green technology for ballast water? Do you have experience with commissioning of technical systems onboard ships? Are you prepared for travelling? If you can reply yes to these questions, then we have the right position for you!
Bawat A/S is a Danish-owned company that offers a unique green solution for treating ballast water. Ballast water transported by ships must not be discharged into new waters without treatment. The solution is based on using the ship’s waste heat to pasteurise the ballast water. This green technology uses neither chemicals nor additional energy, which makes it unique among the market’s competing solutions. It is IMO and USCG approved, patented, and still also holds great development potential. Bawat A/S has already sold ballast-water installations to several of the world’s leading shipping companies. The market is very attractive, since the world’s collective fleet of ships – large and small, new and old – are now obliged legally to only discharge treated ballast water. Moreover, a unique feature of the technology is that it can be used to great advantage in both ports and shipyards.
Your daily work will consist of a mix of the following tasks:
- Client support from the office in Hørsholm
- Team working with the Bawat engineering and project team
- Commissioning assignments worldwide
Professional competencies required for this position:
- Strong verbal and writing skills in English
- Danish work permit
- A relevant technical background
- Practical experience with commissioning of PLC controlled systems
- Strong coding experience from Siemens TIA-portal v. 14 and 15 (S7-1500 PLC’s)
- Practical experience with initial adjustment of PID regulators (flow/temp)
- It is an advantage if you have experience with 2/4 stroke marine engine
- It is an advantage is you have experience with SCADA
Personal characteristics for the profile we are looking for:
- Work in a systematic and structured way
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Professional mindset
- Flexible approach
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Working for Bawat A/S in engineering means:
- You will join a team of committed colleagues who are passionate about their work
- You will be a part of a successful start-up company
- You will have plenty of opportunities for personal development in a busy working environment with rapid decision-making processes
- You will be part of a team of experts, that are in the forefront of science and technical development
- Fluctuating travel activities
The recruitment process is handled by MARPRO. For questions, please contact Managing Director, Jakob le Fevre, MARPRO on +45 5370 0995.
Application deadline is February 23th, 2021. If interested in being part of the journey, please send your motivated application and CV, by clicking the apply link. Please note that we always confirm receipt by email. If you have not received our confirmation within 10 min. after uploading your application, check your spam filter, to ensure future communication regarding this.
The development of an entirely new approach to ballast water management that is simple, flexible, cost-effective, and sustainable led to the founding of Bawat in 2011. Since then, Bawat has built upon its innovative breakthrough to offer targeted, state-of-the art solutions to the maritime industry as this sector adapts to a new environmental framework at sea. Bawat is an engineer-driven company that is rooted in the tradition of Danish maritime innovation. Bawat has a deep maritime insight and expertise and an extensive network in the sector. For these reasons, Bawat is seen as a trusted and professional partner. Read more: www.bawat.com